- Healthy fresh food diet is what I recommend
- Adequate restful sleep is important 7-8 hours preferably
- Daily exercise - make sure you enjoy it! Put some effort into it!
- Avoiding all processed, packaged foods including those with additivies, sugar, salt, fats/oils, minerals and vitamins added
- Be in charge of what you put on your food - and take minerals and vitamins as supplements that you can monitor
- Having a healthy social life, friends, family is a number one bonus to good health and happiness
- Remove as much stress from your life as possible - make your life more simple and enjoy it !
Remember, we all have unique nutritional needs - even family members - make sure you are aware of what yours are
Recognise your limits and aim to stay within them when it comes to external stress's and daily demands of life
Please click here to see article on Nutrition
Eating disorders could be due to Pica.
Find out about a wide variety of grains and breads that you can eat other than plain wheat breads/cereals by reading the article "Power Packed Grains of the Ancients"
- Learn to eat a healthy fresh food diet that you can prepare yourself, exercise and loose weight.
- Hormonal fluctuations and low thyroid function can contribute to weight gain
- Over taxed adrenals can also contribute to weight gain
- Food "allergies" due to over eating the same food for too long can interfere with digestion
- If you are experiencing leaky gut syndrome you will suffer from semi malnutrition and can actually find it difficult to loose weight, often feeling sluggish and tired
- You can eat like a bird but if you do not get sufficient sleep, eating regular meals comprised of fresh healthy food you will fail to loose weight
A Naturopathic consult will target the foods that are most appropriate for you, any health disorders you are experiencing, weight loss/management, and cyclic changes with women's health. Your hormonal system is dependant on good nutrition.
Occasionally some healthy foods you may have been eating could be contributing towards health issues including hormonal fluctuations.
Supplements, including herbal medicine or homeopathic remedies maybe required to balance the entire system, enabling you to absorb good nutrition from your diet.
Leaky gut syndrome is more common that people would think. Many medical doctors do not believe in it. It is so important to resolve since to allow the gut to experience a lack of integrity can open the way for other more serious health conditions to occur over time.
I have excellent remedies that help healing gut mucosa along with strengthening the immune system since if you are experiencing many uncomfortable gut symptoms and have weak digestion this can impact on the immune system.
You may be required to take such remedies up to 6 months or more depending on chronicity.
Enzyme therapy has been around for many years and often overlooked my medical doctors and some natural therapists as being paramount for obtaining optimum health.
What are Enzymes?
There are many thousands of digestive enzymes in your body that break down the proteins, fats and carbohydrates you eat. Metabolic enzymes run the biochemical functions of your body such as helping to repair damaged cells, detoxification and producing energy along with exogenous (outside) enzymes, which are present in all bio-dynamic/organic raw foods. So ensure you include raw foods with meals to help improve digestion.
Enzyme deficiency symptoms:
- Reflux and burping
- Constant wind and smelly flatulence
- Constipation – especially after eating certain foods
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Allergies of many types
- Food intolerance's and sensitivities
- Inability to loose or gain weight
- Excessive hunger
Some of these symptoms and disorders can manifest for other reasons, often the source of the problem lies with digestive function.
Enzyme therapy can help:
- You improve your overall health
- Resolve some of these symptoms
- Assist in weight loss with flatter tummy
- Stimulate the digestive tract including pancreatic function.
- Daily elimination of the bowels will be considerably improved – many people carry around stagnant waste in their colon
Taking the appropriate enzymes does not give a license to indulge in takeaway foods, such as refined carbohydrates and sugar-laden confectionery; you need to eat healthy fresh food that ideally you have prepared yourself since many restaurants do not serve adequate vegetables with meals (often only 1 or 2) or appropriate high complex carbohydrates i.e. brown rice which stabilizes blood sugar far better than white rice/potatoes, along with a tiny salad, like a garnish, the focus appears to be mainly on appearance of the meal and protein component. Aim to eat at least 5 different vegetables with protein, plus raw salads and brown rice.
The correct type of enzymes is required since formulations vary. “Practitioner only” enzymes are high potency so it is recommended you seek professional advice and assessment to establish the appropriate enzymes for your symptoms.
Enzyme therapy is used to support serious health disorders – cancer being one of them. Conventional medication has a tendency to interfere with normal healthy gut function which impairs enzyme activity. Supporting people during any treatments they are receiving with enzyme therapy helps improve absorption and assimilation of nutrients. Failure to do so, or over loading the digestive system with refined carbohydrates, chocolate, confectionery, white breads, puddings, fried/fatty foods, and sugar laden cola drinks, results in eating disorders/cravings for certain foods which indicates internal malnutrition. Naturopath's consider the stomach to be the “Seat of Disease”.
People often stay on enzyme therapy indefinitely since they experience optimum vitality, mental clarity and elimination of gut/allergy disorders/bowel disorders. Once they cease enzyme therapy they may experience a lessening of vitality and return of the old symptoms.
You may eat less to satisfy your appetite and have reduced need to take minerals and vitamins since your food is providing most of your nutritional requirements. This is a huge benefit economically. Food intolerance's differ with every person driven by a number of factors such as genetic background, physical activity, and metabolic rate. Usually the inability to digest proteins and fats, or carbohydrates (sugars and/or starches) with severe cases finding they can’t digest any of these groups.
Enzymes diminish with age so people 50+ complain about bloating and gastrointestinal problems and inability to tolerate foods they use to eat. Once enzymes “die off” they cannot be replaced, this is partly due to aging process, faulty diets, food fads and over indulging.
Enzyme therapy helps recovery of injuries more efficiently encouraging assimilation of necessary minerals from your food for the muscular skeletal system. Specially formulated enzymes are taken to assist in combating inflammation. Every organ/system in your body benefits from enzyme therapy since the body is reliant on optimum mineral absorption and assimilation, in order to absorb vitamins from your food adequately.
- Rapid effect
- Excellent tolerance
- No acute/chronic side effects
- No incompatibility with other medications
- Used in diabetic and cancer patients
- No suppression of the immune system and useful for all ages.
Lyn Craven 2009
Published in Options
Also Natural Health & Vegetarian
Enzyme's are often prescribed in conjunction with other remedies such as herbal medicine, homeopathy, or mineral/vitamin supplement since there is often underlying deficiencies here due to long standing digestive/bowel problems. This is why self-prescribing may not be the best way to achieve your optimum results, often times you can make the symptoms worse or you fail to improve becoming disillusioned with natural therapies.
Bowen Therapy treatments are always offered and included with every Naturopathic consult depending on duration of consult - experience benefits of always receiving a relaxing rebalancing treatment with your Naturopathic consult.
I believe it is very important to treat the body (often with Bowen therapy) in conjunction with all Naturopathic consults. Over time I have observed how this speeds up healing and helps free up chi energy in the body.
If you feel this is relevant to you, contact me on email@example.com to arrange an appointment or call 0403 231 804 after 12.30pm to 6pm Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings till 1pm.
Thank you, Lyn